Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I'm Back!

In response to multiple requests, I am getting back to blogging. It has been FOREVER! Maybe this time I will be a little more consistent, but don't cross your fingers. I get distracted from blogging easily!


I am amazed at how quickly time goes. As I reflect over my journaling over the years, so much has changed, yet so much is exactly the same. Things that I have been 'working on' for years still have yet to be fixed. Places I plan on going still need to be visited. Goals I plan to reach are still in the being set stage.

Last week, I visited a friend and went to church with her family. It was senior Sunday and all the graduates were receiving a gift. Each student was introduced to the congregation and a synopsis of their life plans was shared, including where they plan to be in 10 years. Without fail, all the girls mentioned that they planned to be married with kids in 10 years. My friend and I giggled as it sounds so cliche. Yet, I'm certain that was my plan when I graduated too. It hasn't been 10 years, but it sure feels like it some days! However, with each year that passes, I get farther and farther away from that vision. I don't think I knew what would be possible for me when I created my life plan. But, life just happens and those plans change for the better. And, now, I'm content knowing there really isn't any sense in planning because God's got a way better planner than I do.

Granny and Grandpa Fred...love them so much!
Daddy and his babies on wedding day!
Sissykins is married now! I can't believe they just got engaged in November and walked down the aisle in May. It went by so fast! I am still elated for them. I may be more excited than they are. They left the day after their wedding for Europe.




You can follow their adventure at http://mismatchedsimplicity.blogspot.co.uk/. I will be joining them on Saturday for a few weeks! I CANNOT wait! I studied abroad in London in 2010 and loved it. I have been dying to go back, and now is the perfect chance. Bo, Annie, and I are all in countdown mode. Three days to go!!!



England 2010...we'll compare here in a few weeks!


Who knew we'd be education partners in crime?!
Today, I am starting grad school with a dear friend of mine. This opportunity took both of us by surprise and acceptance seemed a bit of a long shot. We both got accepted and will be embarking on this journey together! I'm already ready to graduate! That's right, haven't even been to the campus yet! That pretty much sums up my issue with patience in all areas of my life.

I am so thankful for summer! I love getting to travel...well, let's be honest...I do that all the time, so summer doesn't really change that. I think I am in Lubbock for less than 13 days in the months of May-August. Wouldn't have it any other way! The world was meant to be explored one adventure at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment