Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Seasons of Simplicity


Life is full of different seasons and those seasons are packed with experiences. While some seasons are wonderful, others would be better completely avoided. Some, we'd like to relive again and again, and others are painful enough we wish we could forget. Regardless, there is a valuable gift for us in each experience of every season if we are willing to look.

For me, this has been a season of change. Unfortunately, I've found myself numbly going through the motions waiting for the next big moment. I'm tired and restless.  As I often remind us, it isn't about the big moments, it is the simple pleasures that bring forth the most blessings. This season, I am thankful for the precious memories I am making each and every day. I am thankful for the moments that catch me by surprise and bring a smile to my face. And I anticipate so many more in the seasons to come.

Event of the month: Sammy turned 16 today! My, how time has flown. This girl has grown into a beautiful young lady and I am honored to spend so much time with her. She had the most wonderful party with live entertainment and more friends present than at any of my own birthday events. Her special friend, Jowon, got to join us for the festivities. If only I had captured her joy with him around in a photo! She truly felt loved and special this weekend and exhausted herself giggling so much. Sammy's spirit is her most beautiful asset. She brings joy to those around her and reminds us how beautiful life really is.

No one I know loves to dance as much as her.

What a party! Sammy and the sisters were the happiest :)

Happy Sweet 16 Sammy Love! We are so thankful for you.

 
As a kid, I remember how exciting the holiday season was. Waiting for Christmas Day was the hardest and greatest reward of the year. The Christmas season was full of hussle, bussle, and excitiment. As I got older, the holiday season became more of a stress. Though it was still fun, buying for everyone, making the holiday rounds, and being ready for Christmas Day became more of a chore.
 
What happened to the waiting? The whole point is there is something amazing worth waiting for! So, the waiting game is back on. This year, I am really trying to get back to enjoying the joy of the season. I am maximizing my time with loved ones and looking for beauty all around, even in the mundane.  

Here are a few of my seasonal obsessions...
 
I look forward to Pure Barre everyday.
A great workout and a nice change of pace from running all the time.
Frosted Cranberry 14.5 oz. 3-Wick Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works
Frosted Cranberry Candles from Bath & Body Works
Blueberry Muffin Coffee
Blueberry Muffin Coffee from Dunkin Donuts.
I know, I know, it sounds weird, but it's tasty.


My dear friend Taylor has the cutest Etsy Shop!
She is so talented and has an eye for everything cute and customized.




I am obsessed! Best gift EVER!
Etsy of course...


Find it at your local Wal-Mart. Stock up, it's seasonal.


Oh Lindsay...so talented! I made some
ornaments to go with it on the fireplace.

This week, I was reminded by someone very wise that happiness is a choice. We have the ability to make that choice each and every day despite the pain and brokeness aroudn us. It isn't always easy to choose to be happy, but I know for a fact that it is a choice worth making. So, find the happiness in Life's Simple Pleasures this holiday season and make the most of each and every moment.


Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment